- • Suicide is a complicated behavior. It is not caused by a single event such as a bad grade, an argument, or the breakup of a
- • In 90% of suicides there is an underlying, treatable mental disorder like depression or substance abuse
- • Mental disorders affect the way people feel and prevent them from thinking clearly and rationally. Having a mental disorder is
nothing to be ashamed of, and help is available.
- • What can you do? If you are concerned about yourself or a friend, tell a trusted adult. DON'T keep this a secret! GET HELP!
- • The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention lists the risk factors for suicide and frequently asked questions.
You can also make an anonymous CALL to one of these numbers FOR HELP.
- • 1-800-929-9583 Juniata Valley/ Tri County Crisis
- • 1-800-273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Hotline 24-hour, toll-free suicide prevention service